Tuesday, October 5, 2010

RECENT FINDS -QUILTS AND MORE

I seem to be finding lots of quilts recently, maybe it's the warmer weather we are having in Tasmania recently !! Why anyone would discard these I don't know but I'm very grateful to them for doing so!!


click on photo to enlarge

This one is all handmade in lovely pale colours of green,pink, blue,peach and white ( I think the maker must have been a Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic fan ) It is all hand stitched and each square is different from the others.It is made from light weight velvets and silky fabrics and gives an overall look of being gently crumpled.I would love to know who made this as it must have taken them considerable time and should you read this Thank you!

click on photo to enlarge

The next one I found was this
click on photo to enlarge
Not handmade, but I love the design and colours and it has really nice stitching around the edges

click on photo to enlarge

It is reversible also

click on photo to enlarge


Last but not least is this one!
this one is also reversible.
click on photo to enlarge 


I didn't just find quilts on my latest treasure hunt
I also found







 
A sewing basket on little legs with a fabric picture of Paris on the lid

There is a tray inside also which I didn't take a photograph of !










and these pretty glass Christmas  ornaments from the 1950-60 era


Not a bad haul for one trip ,what do you think?
more importantly  What do you find?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for popping across to my blog and the sweet comment :) I love love love quilts, your finds are gorgeous! I agree, I don' know why people throw away half the things they do, but its better for us though so I shouldn' complain. Oh, and I also love vintage xmas decorations too. I'll add you to my blog list :) Tamara x

    ReplyDelete